22 March 2012
Mediaflux 3.7 Releases
Mediaflux 3.7 is now available and supports native DMF* code on 64-bit x86 Linux platforms. There are new services to “pin” or retain content for optimised access. For DMF, this translates to a policy to keeps this content online above all others.
Native support means that context switching to perform DMF operations is no longer required.
In order to run in native mode an additional package (DMF - native) must be installed. If the native DMF driver is not installed, then the DMF driver will be the default (dmattr, dmget, dmput, etc.) driver. The driver in use is reported when describing a DMF based content store. Mediaflux 3.7 also includes numerous other enhancements:
- Improved authentication tracing;
- Improved shopping cart services;
- Transaction concurrency improvements - content analysis for asset update is now outside a transaction and triggers no longer run within an atomic transaction;
- File Compilation Profile enhancements, including “file depth”;
- It is now possible to create an asset using URL by value and specify a directory. If this is done, then the directory will be automatically converted to an asset archive (AAR);
- The type of a content store can be changed, e.g. a file system content store to/from a DMF content store.